Wednesday 14 May 2014

Luxford Road, Mount Druitt Traffic Light Upgrade - I Got It Wrong! Not a Pedestrian Crossing required A Pedestrian Walk Phase!

The famous saying that we are all humans and  no one is perfect, that I agree. Especially with me! I am sort of learning this voluntarily work for the community, by myself and hopefully getting results. It is  not hard as it it is all using e-mails and blogging to  get the message across. Something that once you are taught, you can reach the outside world through the world wide web.

This work is not to be done with hatred  but for love and respect for the community. It is not much labor intensive  but it is rewarding when  improvements are bring made and  things are being done. The wider community may not realise what is being done in the back scenes, until one day they find this website and discover what is happening.

So what does this all mean, is that  I got it wrong that we needed a pedestrian crossing on the east part of the current traffic lights, on Eastern side of Luxford Road North of Mount Druitt (entrance to Westfield Mount Druitt). It is called a 'Pedestrian Walk Phase'. So I am human!

I received  from the Senior Traffic Management Officer, from Blacktown City Council Click Here For Senior Traffic Management Officers Letter of Response.  I contacted him straight away and apologised for my wrong request. I remember when I was just a children we used to call them pedestrian crossings, terminologies  have changed with the modern world. He was  so polite, that he agreed that a 'Pedestrian Walk Phase' is require.

The only hiccup maybe is that the NSW Roads and Maritime Services may say it will delay traffic. My question is if it delays traffic and promotes accidents that have a delayed life how would they feel with their decision. There are a lot of community members that are day to day risking their lives crossing this road. Since there has been accidents there before, preventive measures must be used to prevent potential loss of life and/or extreme health issues.

Especially, if it was me that was involved in an accident, that would be shocking!
Pedestrian Crossing
Pedestrian Walk Phase


Click Here For Original Blog On Pedestrian Required At Luxford Road Mount Druitt

No comments: