Saturday 25 April 2015

Rooty Hill RSL Dawn Service - Thousands Witness The Wonderful Commenoration of the 100th Landing of Anzacs At Gallipoli!

Early this morning local dignitaries, and representatives of the Australian Armed Services had marched from Rooty Hill Public School  to Rooty Hill RSL, the Master of Ceremony was  Television  Personality, Kerri-anne Kennerly.

An elderly lady advised that 43 years ago her husband, one out of a hundred or so that joined up as a new member of the Rooty Hill RSL (which was historic) and she said no body wanted an RSL club in the area and believed  this area could have an RSL, yet alone. Now, Rooty Hill RSL is one of the largest and biggest RSL's in Western Sydney!

As I marched from my home towards Rooty Hill RSL in the freshness of the morning, there were community members in hundreds parking their cars far away from Rooty Hill RSL along Railway Street. They were bringing their young children, young couples, elderly couples and people carrying large Australian flags to the event.

As I passed the Rooty Hill Car Park was completely full, not one space available. The nearer I got, the more I did not realise that just around the corner, entrance to Rooty Hill RSL, there was  thousands on thousands of community members that wanted to pay their respects. They were quietly waiting as crowds were making their way to seats or left over standing spaces. I found a prime spot that allowed myself to take videos.

The ceremony was great and I suggest you checkout the videos produced. I just apologise, I rang out room to film the end of the service, but I think you will understand what it was like!

Click here for video 





No comments: