Saturday 15 November 2014

What I Have Learnt In Less Than 24 Hours With Potential Rate Rises......... Thank You Councillor Edmond Attalla!

First of all, I want to ensure people of Mount Druitt and surrounding suburbs, I'm not 'The Voice' representing the community and I'm just an individual seeing improvement in local issues and within the community. This is my passion. Whether other community members share my views or not is their passion as well as mine. What I publish is also how I study (to the best of my knowledge) issues and look at resolving issues. 

I find it great that community members, Councillors, State Members, Federal Members are educating myself and the community of important, so that the community is correctly informed.

There is a most important factor here that I which to announce again, that I have no intentions to run for Local, State and federal politics as we have currently better qualified people in these most important elected offices! To all of them I take off my cap to them.

In relation to Blacktown City Council Potential Rate Rises, I  have been corrected by Councillor Edmond Atalla of the following:
  • The newly lead Blacktown City Council Labor Mayor, Stephen Bali, has been elected in September 2014, with the support of the Independent Councillor Russ Dickens, Deputy Mayor
  • The potential Blacktown City Council rate rises have been passed by the previous Liberal Mayor Len Robinson and the Independent Councillor Russ Dickens administration, going by the end of year financial budget.
  • There are discussion still with Blacktown City Councillors to be held for these rate rises and maybe further outcomes to come to benefit the community (unbeknown to myself until now).


Here is an explanation in December 2013 for the rate rise on Councils website  (I missed out on learning about this). This could many reasons why I missed out, maybe wasn't aware of it, didn't take notice of it etc. I suppose we all get alarmed when rates rises are sending alarm bells and if there is rate decreases, we are all happy and don't react. I would like to take interest in this for my own benefit and for others as well.


We all have to remember that each year there are rising living costsThis has happened every since I can remember, based on supply and demand on goods and services. Blacktown City Council has to cater for a very large area and as we all know has the largest population, within Australia.

Each of the 15 Blacktown City Councillors is  representing approximately 21,000 population each, on a population basis but is elected per Ward. I still thin they are not well remunerated but  a majority of these Councillors, are doing this because of their belief, passion and desire to assist the community, with planning for the future, obtaining and maintaining proper local local infrastructure: waste disposal, and drainage, maintenance of parks and gardens, roads, bridges, pathways, growth and compliance of  new development in housing, local business, traffic management, graffiti removal, maintenance of public amenities and having a great input with public transport improvements and infrastructure.

That is just to name a few! We wish well for the newly elected Council of 2014, to work harmoniously with all Councillors and the communities for the future improvements required for everyone living within Blacktown Local Government Area.



 Click here for previous blog!

Click here are all politicians well remunerated? 

No comments: