Monday 25 July 2016

Mysterious Survey/Interviewer Representing Blacktown City Council At Mount Druitt Train Station

On last Thursday I  had watched how a certain person was choosing commuters for a  possible interviews as it seemed like. So I approached him and got a strange reaction.

So it is  was Blacktown City Council Representative interviewer - working on behalf a company called 'Micro...'. He was seeking confirmation and gathering of names and phone numbers from individual commuters, who are aged 49 years or under for a survey, for Blacktown City Council.


I'm trying to work out why a survey would be conducted by Blacktown City Council for a certain age group and exclude another age group as there are a mixture of commuters using public transport Sydney Trains to and from work in a mix of ages. He was very secret about what was the survey about.


 I was aged if I'm over 50 years and when I immediately replied, 'Yes', I was told he didn't want me for this - and was told is a private survey and he wasn't interested in my self. Well being a  public transport enthusiast and advocate for  nearly 7 years, I asked what the survey was all about and he said, 'It is a secret and he is just gathering names and phone numbers' and went off his own way. Then he said Blacktown City Council will be council these commuters directly.

Speaking to a Mount Druitt Sydney Trains spokesperson, he had been their for hours on hours and been at Blacktown Train Station as well that day.

The strange this here that today, I spoke to a Blacktown City Council Transport spokesperson and  according to them, they are not running or conducting community surveys for public transport. It was stated they would contact local communities like myself  (as community advocate) and groups like ' Mount Druitt Commuters Improvement Group Inc., first.  Also they reach out  to the community through their Annual  Public Transport Forum, which has been running for years and is a great asset to them.

So this makes me think is this person legally allowed to obtain phone numbers and names, at all. I'm sure we will hear from the relevant authorities on this topic.

No comments: